Hans the Architect
- 50ish years old
- concept: Robo Hobo.
- Fought in the Whisper War but traded away knowledge of which war it was. Believes it’s WW 2
- Identities: Mechanomancer, Tinkerer, Avatar of the Pilgrim
- built Ludwig Mies Van Der Robo, a construct that quotes random architecture, scavenges and provides medical care
- Protegee: Cabal, Responsibility: Alex
Sepp the Cook
- in his 30s
- concept: Gourmet cooking, community building Hobo
- Identities: Career Hobo, Plutophage, Gourmet Cook
- Responsibility: Cabal, Guru: Hans
Alex the Nerd
- lower 20s
- immigrant, Nerd
- Sociomancer without money to buy Nerd stuff
- currently into Pokemon Go
- Mentor: Hans, Guru: Cook, Protegee: Cabal
Kallen the Artist
- Street Artist
- Got stuck in Munich because he lost his interrail pass
- Has a supernatural “vague information” identity (or so he thinks) that he’s channeling with his drawings
- Used to have a contact for fake ids which disappeared
- Mentor: Cabal, Guru: Sepp
Current Group goal: 33 %
Discover the Hobo King. Possible Milestones:
- Obtain an item belonging to the hobo king (fulfilled, 11 %)
- Use gutter magick to try to find out where he is (fulfilled, 22%)
- Find the Pigeon King and GET HIM TO TALK
- Find out about the Hobo King’s Past
- Investigate the victims
- Uncover his vassals (knights)
There’s the Hobo House, located in a central part of Munich, Germany. In this house, currently two groups of people peacefully coexist:
- A group of peaceful transients, all looking similar: long beards, unkempt hair, nonedescript jeans and t-shirts, whiteish sneakers. They live there for around two months at a time, then disappear to somewhere else; at some point they will be back.
- The cabal.
- No one else knows of the existence of the Hobo House.
- Kallen has made several sketches depicting the Hobo King standing on a mountain of dead hobos in an apocalyptic setting
Things that happened
The cabal sits together at the table as Ezekiel, an old Hobo in a torn suit, crashes in. He has his arm and one leg in a cast and looks like his luck just has run out. He sits on a stool, which promptly collapses. He tells the group that apparently he got drunk and stoned the other night, pissed on a bundle of rags in the park in some bush, and has been having bad luck ever since.
Kallen draws him, and uncovers the indistinct spectre of the Hobo King standing near Ezekiel.
The group concludes that he must have pissed off – or on – the Hobo King. They decide to go investigate the park, which is situated about 15 minutes north of the Hobo House.
At the park, they meet the transients who just chill, unseen by the people walking past. Their leader, Johann, just sits on the edge of a lake, staring at the lake. The transients tell the group that they bought the drugs from this guy, a 14-year-old boy standing nearby. Alex and the boy immediately get into a discussion about Pokemon go.
The transients don’t remember the Hobo King, but they do remember where their friend relieved themselves and are happy to show the cabal. A denim jacket is found, which has a picture of Ludwig II of Bavaria sewn-on and is stained with piss. Nonetheless, the cabal is happy. They spend some more time interviewing Johann and the Kid. Information uncovered:
- The kid sells a mixture of weed and asian household herbs as “this cool new drug”
- The kid is really into Pokemon Go
- Johann is there for everyone who needs to find him. His clients usually are not Hobos.
- Kallen is really not inspired to draw the Hobo King’s jacket as worn by a life-sized man. It’s really, really boring.
- A Drawing is made by Kallen, showing Johann standing in the middle of a lake, opening a door to smiling, relieved-looking men wearing suits.
The cabal also searches the jacket’s pocket, uncovering parts of a phone number. Hans builds a telephone automaton and uncovers several working phone numbers, some families and some businesses among them.
The cabal then proceeds to go home and use gutter magick to find the Hobo King. They use the following items:
- a tool belt
- architecture books from college
- some hobo rags
- a compass
- a map of the area
- dirt scraped from the hobo king’s jacket
- the hobo king’s jacket
- a circular piece of metal that looks vaguely crown-ish
- visionary sketches of the Hobo King
The dirt aligns in five different places. Kallen immediately leaves the house to go to the top of the Olympic tower and find out how the places link together.